It's been a while since my last FBFF post! This week, the questions are all about personal changes you've noticed since you started blogging:
1. Since you began blogging do you notice a change in the types of things you gravitate towards while shopping?
Hmm, I guess my answer is yes to this question in a variety of ways! For example, before I started blogging I would never have mixed prints like I did in the outfit above. It just wouldn't have occurred to me! So now, when I'm shopping for new clothes, I'm trying to envision all the different ways that I can wear it with the things I already have. Also, I'll see a certain item and it will remind me of a blogger. I'll think something along the lines of, "I could totally see this on insert blogger's name here
!" I would like to think that my style eye is expanding and I know I'm wearing outfit combinations that I wouldn't have worn a year ago.
2. Do you find, as a fashion blogger, that you dress differently from your family and friends? Do they comment on that?
Well, I started this blog while I was in college and I have to say my group of friends are quite the fashionable bunch, so the way I dress doesn't stand out from them as "dressed up" or anything like that. I definitely have a different style than say, my sister for example. Actually, she used to rag on me all the time for being a shop-a-holic and such because she was still in a phase where she didn't care about her appearance too much. However, as soon as she was able to drive herself places, you better believe that she started shopping just as much as I did, haha! Now I tease her for being a hypocrite! :P
3. What’s the weirdest fashion that you secretly like, even if you aren’t bold enough to wear it?
I don't know if I have a good answer to this question! There are certain fashions that I love on other people but wouldn't be caught dead in; for example, flatforms. I do
like the way that they look on other people and I know that they're really trendy right now. But...I probably would never wear them because I've got large feet and I have a sinking feeling they would not do anything good for my feet (Confession and Disclaimer:
I'm 5'3" and wear a size 9 or 10- pretty big feet, I know! Also, I have not tried on a pair of flatforms IRL, so who knows- I might try on a pair and fall in love with them and be wearing them next week on the blog, so don't yell at me because I'm calling my own self out! ;)
4. Looking at current trends – what would you like to try but need to build up the courage to do? I know I am way late to the game on this one, but I would really to try out the crop top! I just love how easy breezy the outfit is above and I now think it totally fits my personality and might be something I could pull off. I used to think that only the super tall and thin could wear this trend, but now I know that it looks fantastic on many different body types and all I need to do is try! Let's mark that as a goal for this summer, shall we? An outfit with a crop top! :)
5. Toot someone’s horn – what fashion blogger out there inspires you with her bold fashion choices?
I have to say I absolutely love Julie's (of Orchid Grey
) style! I feel like she's one of those bloggers that everything she wears, I would absolutely wear too. She definitely inspires me with the way she remixes pieces and combines them to form so many different looks! Also, her outfits aren't always flashy, but to me, they're never boring and I really admire that!
As usual, I'd love to hear your answers to any and all of these questions in the comments! :)
Fashion Beauty Friend Friday was created by Katy Rose of Modly Chic. Become a member at the Fashion Beauty Friend Friday Google Group to join in the discussion!