Monday, April 18, 2011

Bloggers Do It Better: Colorblocking Challenge!

When I read about the Bloggers Do it Better Challenge on Kristina's PSS blog last week, I was immediately in!  I thought it would be a fun way to try out new trends and that it would give me extra motivation to take outfit pictures.  This week's challenge was colorblocking or bold stripes, and when I remembered about it yesterday, I had no clue what to wear!  I almost thought about bowing out and waiting for the next assignment, but then I decided to push through because that's the whole point of a challenge!

earrings- gift, shirt and skirt- forever 21, wedges- Old Navy




First, I found the brightest solid-color bottom I own- this skirt.  Then I searched through my shirts to find something that I could wear with the skirt.  I didn't want to go for green because I thought then I would look too Christmasy, so then I pulled out this bright turquoise tee.  And that's where I stalled for a while.  In my head I thought, "Do these colors really work together?"  Then I said, 'Screw it! I'm going to wear them anyway!" I set up my tripod, put on some bumping music, and had so much fun taking these pictures!  I was just bouncing around and trying all sorts of poses and here are the results =)

Tell me: Are any of you participating in Bloggers Do it Better?  Have you guys tried the colorblocking trend?

Check out other submissions here!

Labels: , , ,

18 Comments:

At June 14, 2011 at 5:11 PM , Anonymous Kristen said...

CUTE! Cute, cute, cute, cute....you get my point.

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:14 PM , Anonymous Linkaliving said...

Love the outfit! those colors are amazing!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:17 PM , Anonymous Michelle said...

great pictures! I might have to borrow a couple of these poses! The color combo is fantastic and you look too adorable!!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:17 PM , Anonymous Stillblondeafteralltheseyears said...

I think the colors you chose look awesome together! I couldn't find one bright skirt in whole closet!

Please visit me here and see how a 49 year old does Color Blocking! http://stillblondeafteralltheseyears.com/2011/04/color-blocking-two-ways-outfits-modeled-by-women-over-45/
The Chief Blonde!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:17 PM , Anonymous Imogen said...

I just found you via Kristina's blog. I participated in bloggers do it better too. I love these colours together, you did a great job.

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:17 PM , Anonymous Anna said...

you did a perfect combination!i like turqoise and fuchsia...they really stand out! Oh! and I love the colorblocking on your nails.

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:17 PM , Anonymous Casee Marie said...

Ahhh, you look gorgeous! And I love your poses, and your colorblocking skills, and your multi-colored nails. Too cute! Lovely job with the colorblocking; I'm not taking part in the event but I did just buy some bits of color so hopefully I'll be rocking the trend soon! I actually went shopping last week with the intention of not buying a single thing in black. I bought two black tops, but I got a lot of other colorful things so I guess that's still good! I need to diversify my wardrobe a bit, haha.

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:17 PM , Anonymous Writeitinlipstick.blogspot.com said...

ooh you did a great job with the color blocking you kinda look like a ballerina very cute.

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:21 PM , Anonymous Plamena Zahova said...

Bloggers do it better indeed!!! I love the way you interpreted colorblocking! You look gorgeous!!!! I haven't tried this trend yet and I don't think I will because I am more the florals and pastels type... But who knows :)

Xoxo
Plami

http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:21 PM , Anonymous the nyanzi report said...

Looks great. I like the movement in picture one.

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:21 PM , Anonymous Janettethejongleur said...

WOW! You seem so graceful! Andyou're beautifuL!! I stink at posing.. I have one pose..and that's it...Hand on the hip looking to the left! lol

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:21 PM , Anonymous Claire said...

isn't funny how color blocking is all about not matching? or something like that. but the bright bold colors look great together. laughing at your Christmas comment, cuz yeah, sometimes i think i can't mix red and green (or olive!). but you look great. and your nails look cool too!

Claire @
spinning-threads.blogspot.com

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:21 PM , Anonymous Megan said...

bloggers DO do it better!!!!!

Come by and check out my GIVEAWAY today!!!!!
Spread the word!

xx.M

www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:21 PM , Anonymous Cait said...

I'm joining in! Thanks so much for introducing me to Bloggers Do It better, love your colourblocking look, hope you like mine :)

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:21 PM , Anonymous Courtney Thomas said...

I think you did this really, really well! And I love the nails.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:21 PM , Anonymous Rosie said...

Wow, the bright colours really suit you! And I love your colourful nails and sandals too,

Rosie x

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:21 PM , Anonymous Emma said...

lovely, the skirt is gorgeous such a lovely colour

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:21 PM , Anonymous Gentrilee said...

I LOVE those colors together! Very pretty. :) I've never heard of this challenge before, but it sounds fun!

 

Post a Comment

★ Thanks for your comment! ★

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

star-crossed smile: Bloggers Do It Better: Colorblocking Challenge!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Bloggers Do It Better: Colorblocking Challenge!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service