Monday, November 29, 2010

in a holiday mood

Well I'm back from break, but maybe just as tired as when I left.  Does that every happen to you guys, where you come back less relaxed after a vacation?  And the sucky part was that I had all this work hanging over my head throughout break, so I was never completely at ease and relaxed.  All right, enough of the negativity- I had a great time in New York with my suitemate, did lots of good shopping, and had a very yummy Thanksgiving meal.  I'm also excited about all the things that I bought online that will slowly be arriving in my mailbox- I love getting packages!  I'm finally starting to get something accomplished, starting with writing this post and continuing with decorating my suite for the holidays.  I absolutely love Christmas and I'm one of those people who starts listening to Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving! (Click here to listen to one of my all-time faves- although someone just pointed out to me how creepy the lyrics really are!).  Here's an outfit that I wore for a holiday dinner- I really love the simple elegance of this long-sleeved dress.  Also, these boots have an interesting story.  When I saw them online, I was desperately in love with them, but I didn't want to buy them without trying them on because I wasn't sure if they would suit my foot (I don't like shoes that make my feet look any larger than they are- I wear a size 9 or 10).  However, when I looked to see if they were in stock in a store near me, it said that they weren't available in any store within 50 miles of me.  Needless to say, I was really bummed (when I want something, I get really obsessed- it's a very bad habit).  I ended up going to Target that weekend anyway because I need to pick up some stuff and decided to check the shoe section, and get this- they had only one pair of these boots and they were in my size!  I couldn't believe it!  So that's my little tale of how the shopping gods smiled down upon me =)

dress and tights- Forever 21, boots- Target, earrings- old





I want to hear all about your Thanksgiving and Black Friday experiences- do tell! :)

Labels: , , , ,

16 Comments:

At November 29, 2010 at 6:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

wow!! that color suits you pefectly!!!
xoxo
lamia
http://ginger-chocolateandhoney.blogspot.com/

 
At November 29, 2010 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much for comment ^_^
I follow you now!
xx

 
At November 29, 2010 at 8:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks dear!! Mind if we follow each others blogs?? Hihi :D

 
At November 30, 2010 at 2:15 AM , Blogger M* said...

Thanks!!!
i follow you!
i wanna be on holidays!!

http://notimeforsleeping.blogspot.com/

 
At November 30, 2010 at 2:23 AM , Blogger Catherine Au Jong said...

<3 the color cos it is so elegant!

Love.
Catherine
http://etinological.blogspot.com/

 
At November 30, 2010 at 6:37 AM , Blogger Ilka von Torok said...

Hey Nnenna! Thank you for your visit and comment :)
Nice dress and blog!!!!Now I follow you!

greetings Ilka
xoxo

http://ilkavontorok.blogspot.com/

 
At November 30, 2010 at 10:08 AM , Blogger Tran N. said...

Love the dress and the colour suits you very well! xx

- Tran N // www.nobodygotstyle.blogspot.com

 
At November 30, 2010 at 11:47 AM , Blogger Gawgus things... said...

Gorgeous dress! Thanks for visiting my blog - perhaps we could follow each other?xx

 
At November 30, 2010 at 1:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that dress cling so perfectly on you, I love the color on your skin!!! I agree with shoes, I'm scared getting one that is not my size, but I still do online shopping anyways, Im weird
<3
http://reserveradefashion.blogspot.com

 
At November 30, 2010 at 7:40 PM , Blogger M said...

BEautiful color! Thanks for stopping by my blog, Belles&Rebelles and for your comment! MUCH appreciated! You have great style! will be back soon!

xx.M

www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

 
At December 1, 2010 at 5:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

love that colour on u!
http://mformariza.blogspot.com/

 
At December 1, 2010 at 12:12 PM , Blogger Giselle said...

Gracias por pasarte, y si, el anillo es muy bonito jajajaja, preciosa! un beso

 
At December 1, 2010 at 4:17 PM , Blogger Alisha said...

Thanks for your comment, And your blog is amazing. Now following xox


http://fascinationforfashion-akm.blogspot.com/

 
At December 2, 2010 at 3:01 AM , Blogger Emma said...

Wow...beautiful dress and that color suits u so perfectly! :)

following! ***** :)

 
At December 3, 2010 at 2:04 PM , Blogger Iubire said...

Hi girl! I loved your purple dress and look pretty...! thanks for comments
xoxo
from Chile

 
At December 10, 2010 at 6:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it!! The outfit looks amazing on you and the colour!!! Ahh i love purple.. anything purple. But not a lot of people know how to pull off that colour!! Pretty, Pretty!!
Follow me and i Follow you???
Smooches!!!

 

Post a Comment

★ Thanks for your comment! ★

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

star-crossed smile: in a holiday mood

This Page

has been moved to new address

in a holiday mood

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service