Friday, June 10, 2011

time of my life

The commencement celebrations were a weekend-long affair and the first thing I did was...

get my nails in order
Class Day was on Sunday, May 23rd and it is a tradition on this day to wear crazy/silly/funny hats to the event.  Every year, Class Day is organized by the Senior Class Council and it is a day to hang out with friends and less formally recognize the graduating students.  

my roommates
a gaggle of girls
her grandmother made this for her- I mean, how awesome is this hat?!
twins
this is a hat modeled off our bell tower- the most detailed hat I saw!
This year, we were lucky enough to have Tom Hanks as our Class Day speaker.  One of the first things he told us was not to put away our phones, and to instead tweet about his speech or post it on Facebook!  Funny guy! :D


The official commencement ceremony was the next day.  First all of the schools at Yale (undergraduate and graduate) assembled together, then us undergraduates split off into our residential colleges to attend a more intimate graduation there.

my sister and I
my parents. don't worry, my dad is not angry, he just rarely smiles in pictures!
my family- left to right: brother, mom, me, dad, brother, sister, godmother
waiting for my name to be called
diploma in hand, feeling good!


So now it's been a couple of weeks since all this happened, but I have to say...it hasn't really hit me yet.  I said my "see you later's" and my goodbyes to both friends and acquaintances, but I haven't really come to terms with the fact that this chapter of my life has officially ended.  There is still a part of me that thinks I am on a temporary break and will return to school soon.  I (as well as many other graduates, I'm sure) am wondering, "What's next?"  How about I get back to you on that?  ;)

Labels: , , , ,

18 Comments:

At June 14, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Anonymous VLM. said...

This looks like such an amazing experience, congratulations! You look beautiful, and I hope you had a great day. Keep us posted!
xoxo, Veena <3

http://seven-inch-stilettos.blogspot.com/

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Anonymous Megan said...

CONGRATS! so what's on the agenda next?!?!
LOVE THE NAILS BTW!

xx.Mwww.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Anonymous ohsosophi said...

Congrats on graduating! Yale's ceremony was so nice when my sister went there, and we didn't even have someone like Tom Hanks speaking!

And oooh boy am I going to be a crying mess when I graduate haha.I'm sure you're going to take the world by storm :)

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Anonymous Sian said...

Congratulations on graduating!! You loved lovely and the hats thing is absolutely awesome!! That is so amazing that Tom Hanks was the speaker, my sister loves him, she'd be so jealous!! And your nails look lovely too =)

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Anonymous zarna said...

first of all congrats on graduating!!!!!!!

secondly, i love your nails :)

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Anonymous samalamode said...

great nails! and wow! tom hanks! congrats on graduating!! :) that's how i felt when i graduated too, "what's next?". To be quite frank, I still think about it from time to time. haha!


http://samalamode.blogspot.com

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Anonymous Chelsea said...

I LOVE TOM HANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and those adorable nails.

xoxo

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Anonymous Cat {brideblu} said...

Oh girl ... congrats are in order in a big way!!!!  Love your sweet lacey nails.  How rad that Mr. Hanks spoke {that twitter joke was an ice-breaker for sure :)}.  I would have been totally star-struck ... love Tom! 

xx Cat brideblu

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Anonymous UnravelledThreads said...

Congrats! I love that nail polish... I've been trying to find the leopard print one, but the CVS near my work never has it :(

Melanie@Unravelled Threads
Follow @UnraveldThreads on twitter!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Anonymous sartorialsidelines said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats! Great photos (nice wedges - I have the same pair)!

xoxo ~ Courtney

http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Anonymous tia_cherie said...

Oh wow congratulations! That is so amazing, must be a great feeling.  Its fabulous to see your hard work paying off. I am forever dreaming of when I will have my graduation. Even though I finished my commerce degree last year I don't have graduation until I finish my other degree at the end of next year.

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Anonymous Ellenreviewsblog said...

Yaay! Congrats Nenna! :) Great photos specially your whole fam photo. :) 

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Anonymous Spinning Threads said...

Oh my gosh, Nnenna, congratulations!  That's huge and you look so very lovely in your gown.  How exciting, you have your entire life ahead of you.  It's such an exciting time of life!

Claire

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Anonymous Gentrilee said...

How fun!! Tom Hanks, Fun hats, good friends, awesome nails?? SOunds good to me! haha!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:12 PM , Anonymous Roxy Heart said...

Congrats! That is amazing!
http://www.fashuhneestah.com/

 
At June 16, 2011 at 12:55 AM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

Thank you! :)

 
At July 7, 2011 at 1:23 PM , Anonymous Whitney Reid said...

Congrats on graduating! It's such a great feeling and an exciting time!

 
At July 7, 2011 at 7:21 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

Thank you so much Whitney! It really is! =)

 

Post a Comment

★ Thanks for your comment! ★

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

star-crossed smile: time of my life

This Page

has been moved to new address

time of my life

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service