Sunday, January 16, 2011

Five to Share

1. Snowstorm: iPhone Pictures that I took when it was snowing and the day after- doesn't the second picture look like little bon-bons?



2. Commenting: After reading Grit and Glamour's Build a Better Blog Series, I've decided to start handling comments differently.  Thanks to Disqus, I can reply to each comment in-line, so check back on the post to see what I've commented back!  Along with that, I plan to continue visiting your blogs and commenting there.  What do you guys think of that system? Would you rather I reply only in one spot or do you like the sort of two-pronged approach?

3. Pay it Forward 2011:  I've contacted the first five people who responded, but I haven't heard back from #5, so I have one more spot to fill (see link if you want to know more about the project).  Any takers?

4. Nokia 'Dot':  I think this stop-animation video is sooo cool, you should definitely check it out!

5. Blog to Follow: Ashley- Two Eyes in the Mirror

What do you guys think of the format of this post for Sundays?  It is sort of a weekly roundup, like Alyse suggested, mixed in with stuff/links I found interesting this week, and a blog to follow to share the blogger love!  I'd love to know what you think! :)  Also, when I wasn't even looking, this blog crept up to 117 followers!  I'm so flattered that that many people think I have something interesting to say, you guys are the best! :D

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At June 14, 2011 at 5:28 PM , Anonymous Alannarama said...

hi there! thanks for the comment! i didn't make those notebooks all in one go but a rough estimate.... AGES (about 2 days) to design everything, draw out a zillion grids and line up typewriter, scan it, print it, scan it again cos it wasn't straight... but in terms of actually making the books, maybe five hours altogether to make five notebooks, spread out over three days. i used this tutorial: http://michaelshannon.us/makeabook/index.html

i am well impressed by all that snow!!

trinketsandtea.blogspot.com

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:29 PM , Anonymous Toni said...

That's crazy! The table looks like a bundt cake! lol.

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:29 PM , Anonymous Elle Sees said...

i didn't see a comment link so i clicked on your post. i'm not a Disqus fan, but that doesn't stop me fr commenting.

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:29 PM , Anonymous The Merry Traveller said...

It does look like white fluffy cakes. I am not a big fan of Disqus truthfully. It takes too long to load and sometimes it doesn't load at all so blogger comments work for me but hey if others have no problems with it, go ahead with it!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:29 PM , Anonymous Anggayasti said...

That is one crazy snowstorm!! we still havent got that much snow yet!! hopefully will not lol
<3
http://reserveradefashion.blogspot.com

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:29 PM , Anonymous Elle said...

these photos are gorgeous!! I can't believe you got so much snow up in New Haven; I'm visiting there later this week and I hope it won't be a problem. Your blog is fantastic :)

http://prep-a-holic.blogspot.com/

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:29 PM , Anonymous jamie said...

i love those photos! and yes, they look like bon-bons hehe

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:29 PM , Anonymous Courtney Thomas said...

You got great snow pictures! Thanks for asking about the conference - I had a really great time!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:29 PM , Anonymous Linton from London said...

Awww beautiful pictures!!!!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:29 PM , Anonymous anja said...

thank you..the owl ring is from Claire's :D
i like your blog..i follow you :)

xo anja
anjasfashionblog.blogspot.com

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:29 PM , Anonymous Rosie said...

I like the new Sunday format, definitely.
As for comments, I tend to comment on blogs but I don't check back (such a lack of time, haha!) so I love that you're still commenting on everyone else's still.
I have never seen such a ridiculous amount of snow before, haha.

Rosie x

 

Post a Comment

★ Thanks for your comment! ★

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

star-crossed smile: Five to Share

This Page

has been moved to new address

Five to Share

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service