Tuesday, February 1, 2011

just one of those days

Today has just been one of those days... more about that later, let's do the outfit first.  I styled up this outfit in accordance with the challenge on Diya's blog- the item was boyfriend blazer.  Also making their first appearance here, please welcome my new boots!

blazer- american eagle, tee- forever 21, skirt (thfrited)
and tights- Savers, boots- Wanted



they're so comfortable, you don't even know!

Now onto my day: WARNING- stop reading here if you don't want to hear my complaints about a crappy day.  I couldn't sleep last night, which means it was impossible for me to wake up in time for my earliest class, so I missed it.  I went to my next two classes, which were fine, then came back to take outfit pictures for today.  So far it was a fine day, not great, but fine.  Then, I remember I have to call this company and yell at them for not shipping my order.  Remember how I said I was getting a new camery toy?  Well I ordered a tripod off Amazon, thanks to Ashley's recommendation and it was supposed to arrive last week.  I received a shipping confirmation email and everything, so when it hadn't arrived by Monday, I decided to call the company and find out what was going on.  It turns out that not only had my item not shipped (and they'd billed me already and everything?!), but the tripod was out of stock and wouldn't be in stock until the end of February.  So after spending nearly an hour on the phone with them trying to figure out my best options, since they'd pretty much shafted me, I finally get them to give me a refund and order a different, but similar tripod from Amazon directly.  Hopefully I have no more problems on that front.

Meanwhile, as I'm fighting with the customer service representative on the phone, I'm trying to check my email on my computer because I think it is strange that I haven't received a single email all day.  It turns out that my school identity number/password or my computer was compromised and is jeopardizing my school's network.  This means that my account is completely locked and I'm freaking out because I don't know what the implications of this situation are.  I'm wondering, "How was it compromised?  How am I going to access my email?  What if my machine was compromised, do I have to get a new computer?"  I call the Technical Services help desk and thankfully, after some manuevering they are able to help me unlock my account.  Unfortunately, the guy says he doesn't really know the root of the problem, meaning that my account may lock up again, and tells me that I need to take my computer to the student techs.  So, now I have to back up all my files and then run some scans and hope that everything resolves itself.  Of course, due to all the frustration and the stress, I had a massive headache all evening...

So, that's the sitch.  If you've read all the way to this point, thank you for listening to me ramble and I'll promise to be in a more positive mood next post- I'm already feeling better as I type this out :)

Labels: , , , , ,

38 Comments:

At June 14, 2011 at 5:24 PM , Anonymous vittoria said...

I love this look!!!and the blu fits perfect on you!
kisses from Italy!
V
http://lostileungioco.blogspot.com/

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:24 PM , Anonymous Jessica - The Embellished Life said...

I'm loving that outfit! Cobalt blue has become my obsession apparently...I'm like a magnet to anything in that shade! Great post!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:25 PM , Anonymous The Merry Traveller said...

I see the blazer! You look so sharp and paired it down with fun colour tights!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:25 PM , Anonymous Elle Sees said...

i just tell myself tomorrow is another day, have a sip of wine, take a deep breath, and burrow under the covers

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:25 PM , Anonymous kat said...

i love your tee!! its sooo cute!!

katslovefashion.blogspot.com

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:25 PM , Anonymous Melliott930 said...

That blazer is such a fabulous length! I love it. And so sorry about your crappy day :( Hope it gets better soon!

-Marie
So What If I Like Pretty Things
http://melliott930.blogspot.com

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:25 PM , Anonymous Natalie said...

Hey,

I adore the blazer!

Totally feel your pain, I got a whopping two hours sleep last night. Not even tired so probably won't get any tonight either!

Following you!

Natalie xo

www.caughtwithmyclotheson.com

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:25 PM , Anonymous Tashrin said...

The tights are so bright and beautiful .....it just brought a smile to my face.

Look forward to hearing from you

Love

Tashrin - A Toronto based personal style blog

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:25 PM , Anonymous Shopedelano said...

You look gorgeous sweetie! I love the neon blue tights, such a colour clash but you look gorgeous! Fits in with S/S 11 neon colours as well! Love it!

Thanks for your lovely comment! :)
-Shope
http://londonscloset.blogspot.com
xoxo

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:25 PM , Anonymous Comewhinewithme said...

You look lovely girl! The t-shirt and blazer are my favourites!

Enter my Follower Giveaway!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:25 PM , Anonymous Angela said...

Those tights are awesome!!!!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:25 PM , Anonymous Anisa said...

Sorry to see you had such a tough days, but it can only get better from here! Those boots look lovely on you, great purchase! Thank you for your comment, it totally made my day :)

xxAnisa

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:25 PM , Anonymous Marianna_Papag said...

hey
thanks for the comment
i couldn't sleep either
and i woke up really late today

anyway your blazer rocks
i love it
xoxo
nana
http://nanajonesofficial.blogspot.com/

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:25 PM , Anonymous Veronica said...

love it!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous Gingerrsnap said...

I like your tights, great outfit. Nice blog thanks for the comment on mine.

http://www.gingerrsnap.blogspot.com/

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous The Stylish Nomad said...

Cool Blue!! Cute!

xx
Kaylee

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous Giselle said...

Great pop of blue.
~Giselle
http://www.machinewashwarm.blogspot.com

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous erica @ Fashion meets Food said...

I LOVE that you are wearing blue tights! Way too cute!

xo

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous Laura said...

aww haha that sucks. dealing with customer service on the phone can be really frusterating, especially after having a rough night and sleeping in. /: writing everything out is a good way to vent, though!! glad your new boots are comfy, and i hope tomorrow is better! (:

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous Janette said...

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my bloggo! Appreciate your well-wishes! I like your shirt...Do you have a pictures without the blazer? Is it an owl? A dog? A cat? Haha! I can't tell...
Janette

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous Flossie said...

thanks for the lovely comment am following xx

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous Ashley said...

Ugh! I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with the Amazon seller! Looks like my recommendation wasn't such a great one after all, huh? But of course it's not the tripod's fault...just the crappy seller. :| Sorry to hear about your other problems, too. Computer/technical issues are never very fun. I remember when I got locked out of my main email account a few years ago, for no reason at all. So frustrating! And there really was no way to restore it, either, so I just moved on. Bah.

I hope today is going much better for you!

Anyway, you look gorgeous, as always. I'm really loving your new boots, and I'm sure you are too! I love the combination of the t-shirt, blazer, and blue tights. It looks put together, but still is a very fun look. Awesome!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous Amalia Dara said...

nice outfits !
visit my blog <3


daraziivana.blogspot.com

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous Courtney Thomas said...

That sucks - computer problems are the bane of my existence. Hopefully it is able to be resolved!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous Writeitinlipstick.blogspot.com said...

I love that blazer, it fits you well. tell me how you like the new tripod I am looking to buy a new one. Sorry for the mix up sometimes Amazon sucks :)

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous Shanah said...

I love the blazer :) Glad to hear you're planning to getting a new tattoo! I'm thinking about getting one as well, but I'll probably wait until september or so, with the sun and stuff, you know :)

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous Krystal/Village said...

Oh my gosh...I seriously hope your day improves and that email situation gets figured out, I'm sorry!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous Tran N said...

Love the electric blue tights with the grey-ish look! xx

- Tran N // www.nobodygotstyle.blogspot.com

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous nelly skf said...

well...i must say i'm having nothing but crappy days lately so i don't mind!nice pop color of leggings!love the bf blazer!following!would be happy if you visit back!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous Themadtwins said...

your tights are lovely! Also like the heart earrings!
I want to thank you for your sweet comment
xxx lots of love!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous Sistsersandsisters said...

Thanks for you comment!

We like your shoes and blazer!

Xo
Hazal and Cana
from Amsterdam
www.sistersandsisters.com

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous Mimi said...

love your blazer!!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous YUI said...

thanks for your comment!
love that blazer and adorable tee!
followed you :) mind to follow back?

http://strawberryjam-yui.blogspot.com

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous Gawgusthings said...

I love the pop of colour on your tights! Hope you're feeling caaaaaalmer now :)

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous vanillascents said...

It is really frustrating, but cheer up! The problem solved :)
Love your blazer a lot! <3

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous Chelsea said...

awh dear so sorry about your crazy day!! this reminds me I need to get a blazer, I'm embarrassed to say I don't even own one!

xoxo

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous zarna said...

great blazer and tights!

sorry you had such a bad day :(

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous diya said...

loving this look!!! I also love how your earrings match the color of the tights.

so sorry your account got compromised! that totally sucks...I know how you feel since I've had those days where Murphy's Law kicks me in the ass. Hope you'll feel better soon!

 

Post a Comment

★ Thanks for your comment! ★

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

star-crossed smile: just one of those days

This Page

has been moved to new address

just one of those days

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service