Friday, June 24, 2011

FBFF: Since I Started Blogging...

It's been a while since my last FBFF post! This week, the questions are all about personal changes you've noticed since you started blogging:



1. Since you began blogging do you notice a change in the types of things you gravitate towards while shopping? Hmm, I guess my answer is yes to this question in a variety of ways! For example, before I started blogging I would never have mixed prints like I did in the outfit above. It just wouldn't have occurred to me! So now, when I'm shopping for new clothes, I'm trying to envision all the different ways that I can wear it with the things I already have. Also, I'll see a certain item and it will remind me of a blogger. I'll think something along the lines of, "I could totally see this on insert blogger's name here!" I would like to think that my style eye is expanding and I know I'm wearing outfit combinations that I wouldn't have worn a year ago.

2. Do you find, as a fashion blogger, that you dress differently from your family and friends? Do they comment on that? Well, I started this blog while I was in college and I have to say my group of friends are quite the fashionable bunch, so the way I dress doesn't stand out from them as "dressed up" or anything like that. I definitely have a different style than say, my sister for example. Actually, she used to rag on me all the time for being a shop-a-holic and such because she was still in a phase where she didn't care about her appearance too much. However, as soon as she was able to drive herself places, you better believe that she started shopping just as much as I did, haha! Now I tease her for being a hypocrite! :P

3. What’s the weirdest fashion that you secretly like, even if you aren’t bold enough to wear it? I don't know if I have a good answer to this question! There are certain fashions that I love on other people but wouldn't be caught dead in; for example, flatforms. I do like the way that they look on other people and I know that they're really trendy right now. But...I probably would never wear them because I've got large feet and I have a sinking feeling they would not do anything good for my feet (Confession and Disclaimer: I'm 5'3" and wear a size 9 or 10- pretty big feet, I know! Also, I have not tried on a pair of flatforms IRL, so who knows- I might try on a pair and fall in love with them and be wearing them next week on the blog, so don't yell at me because I'm calling my own self out! ;)



4. Looking at current trends – what would you like to try but need to build up the courage to do? I know I am way late to the game on this one, but I would really to try out the crop top! I just love how easy breezy the outfit is above and I now think it totally fits my personality and might be something I could pull off. I used to think that only the super tall and thin could wear this trend, but now I know that it looks fantastic on many different body types and all I need to do is try! Let's mark that as a goal for this summer, shall we? An outfit with a crop top! :)




5. Toot someone’s horn – what fashion blogger out there inspires you with her bold fashion choices? I have to say I absolutely love Julie's (of Orchid Grey) style! I feel like she's one of those bloggers that everything she wears, I would absolutely wear too. She definitely inspires me with the way she remixes pieces and combines them to form so many different looks! Also, her outfits aren't always flashy, but to me, they're never boring and I really admire that!


As usual, I'd love to hear your answers to any and all of these questions in the comments! :)

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday was created by Katy Rose of Modly Chic. Become a member at the Fashion Beauty Friend Friday Google Group to join in the discussion!

Labels:

50 Comments:

At June 24, 2011 at 12:12 AM , Anonymous Gentrileeblog said...

I always love these posts. :) I have definitely found myself shopping different. I was always one for being daring and discovering the item that at first glance wasn't great but after a minute was a treasure. But now it's even more so. And I do the same shopping-blogger reference. Haha! I have tiny feet but thicker calves so flatforms are not for me. And I LOVE the cropped tops! I say theyre a definite must!

 
At June 24, 2011 at 12:23 AM , Anonymous Ellenreviewsblog said...

Great post! :) 
Up for the number one. The way I shop is different now than before when I started blogging and visiting other fashion bloggers page. I also love the crop top! :)

 
At June 24, 2011 at 3:24 AM , Anonymous Lane said...

these questions are so cool! i love them. it's a great way to get to know other bloggers. i think i might do this too!

http://vivalafashiongirl.blogspot.com/

 
At June 24, 2011 at 8:33 AM , Anonymous AmberBlueBird83 said...

I want to try out the crop top too but I seriously need to get some sun first...I also need to lay off the ice cream 

 
At June 24, 2011 at 9:00 AM , Anonymous Closet Fashionista said...

Weee love the answers. I have a crop top from last summer, but I didn't wear it much since I was working and couldn't wear it to work XD Then on the weekends I wanted to wear other things
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

 
At June 24, 2011 at 10:15 AM , Anonymous sartorialsidelines said...

I think you could totally rock a crop top in style!

xoxo ~ Courtney

http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

 
At June 24, 2011 at 12:20 PM , Anonymous Jean said...

I love the way you mixed patterns in tha photo. I didn't even notice you had until I read the text. It's subtle and so coordinated. That's the thing I need to try next. Thanks for showing how it's done.

 
At June 24, 2011 at 2:23 PM , Anonymous emilyknightley said...

Love your answers - totally agree about mixing up the prints etc since blogging - I have been mixing prints and colour blocking a lot recently!! And crop tops - yes - I would like to have the guts to try one - or rather the stomach!! :)

 
At June 24, 2011 at 2:43 PM , Anonymous Kimberlee VDW said...

Oh wow - big shoe size! I would be too scared to rock a crop top :x

 
At June 24, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Anonymous Lyddiegal said...

Mixing up bolder colors and patterns is definitely something that most fashion bloggers learn to do pretty quick if they've never tried it before. Once you see someone wearing their striped top with a floral skirt, it's pretty hard not to want to try it!

And I love that orchid grey look... ahhhh seafoam skirt, i lust.

 
At June 25, 2011 at 12:25 AM , Anonymous Alex Elizabeth said...

I totally forgot about crop tops... I do secretly want to wear them but I think they would look really bad on me! 

 
At June 25, 2011 at 4:08 PM , Anonymous jamie said...

Nnenna!!!!! miss you girl! hope that you are having a great summer so far!!!

xo, jamie (blogredhead)

 
At June 25, 2011 at 5:54 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

Thank you Gentrilee! I am definitely adding the crop top to my list of must-try trends this summer! =)

 
At June 25, 2011 at 5:54 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

Thanks so much Ellen! Isn't it funny to think about how blogging has changed our mannerisms? =)

 
At June 25, 2011 at 5:56 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

You should totally do them Lane, they are a lot of fun! =)

 
At June 25, 2011 at 5:56 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

Haha, but ice cream is so delicious! Well, we should both try it out and let each other know how it goes =)

 
At June 25, 2011 at 5:57 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

Thanks Megan! :) Yeah, speaking of work, I am finding that many of the things in my closet I can't wear to work. It's a whole new fashion challenge!

 
At June 25, 2011 at 5:58 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

Aww thanks Courtney! I think I'm going to give it try!

 
At June 25, 2011 at 5:58 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

Thanks so much Jean! It's still a learning process for me but I'm glad I could share a helpful tip =)

 
At June 25, 2011 at 6:00 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

Thanks so much Emily! We should both try it! Style challenge?! :D

 
At June 25, 2011 at 6:01 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

It is scary, but now I feel like it wouldn't hurt to give it a try! Who knows, I might love it! :)

 
At June 25, 2011 at 6:01 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

You're so right! Also, yes, I love that skirt too- where does she find these gorgeous items?! haha

 
At June 25, 2011 at 6:06 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

Let's both try it out and see if we like it! =)

 
At June 25, 2011 at 6:08 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

Miss you too Jamie! Thanks, I am having a good summer so far and I hope you are too! =)

 
At June 25, 2011 at 7:13 PM , Anonymous BoulevarddelaMadeleine said...

These are great questions and I enjoyed reading your answers. I definitely have noticed a difference in the way I shop since I started blogging. I have always been picky but since blogging my taste in clothing has become  a bite more discriminating. By this I mean, I want to stand out, have unique pieces and take chances like mixing prints or unusual colors. I try to stay away from the generic overly popular trends and instead try to cultivate my own. 
However, I don't think I'm brave enough yet to wear a crop top :) 
-Madeleine

 
At June 25, 2011 at 9:17 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

I totally agree with what you said here about having unique pieces- I feel that those pieces are much more special! Thanks for your comment! :)

 
At June 25, 2011 at 10:26 PM , Anonymous Amber Rose said...

I love this, and it's amazing to see how far we've come, how we've been inspired. ;)

 
At June 25, 2011 at 10:58 PM , Anonymous sugarplumsara said...

what a cool idea this is! I might have to do this too :) and I looooooooove Orchid Grey. She is the epitome of rocking modern vintage looks. and on a side note- don't be afraid to smile in some of your pictures darling! :)

 The House of Shoes

 
At June 26, 2011 at 3:10 AM , Anonymous Jo Fletcher said...

Oh goodness, I love your dress! It is such a pretty colour and print! And it goes perfectly with the cardigan! Be sure to enter my £100 ASOS giveaway!

x
www.lostinthehaze.com

 
At June 26, 2011 at 3:28 AM , Anonymous feveragnes said...

lovely dress! the pattern is lovely. :) u look great!

Find me on:From Catwalk to Classroom.

 
At June 26, 2011 at 7:17 AM , Anonymous Penny Ka said...

thank you for your comment :) i was also reluctant in trying the cropped top but they go so well over dresses that now I m addicted (not the typical way to wear them but anyway)! and I love Orchid grey!

 
At June 26, 2011 at 7:32 AM , Anonymous girl-about-town said...

I totally know what you mean! I've mixed prints since blogging too, but would have never before! As long as its done well, it looks lovely (Hense your lovely picture above!)

Crop tops are awesome too! I feel a little old to be showing my belly now but never say never! 
Girl about Town XxX

http://girl-about-town-blog.blogspot.com

 
At June 26, 2011 at 7:53 AM , Anonymous Fantailflo said...

haha keep smiling girl
you got great style
interesting read

check out my new post !www.fantailflo.com

 
At June 26, 2011 at 3:13 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

I agree :D

 
At June 26, 2011 at 3:14 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

You should join- it's a lot of fun! =)

 
At June 26, 2011 at 3:14 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

Thank you very much Jo!  I'd love to check out your giveaway :)

 
At June 26, 2011 at 3:14 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

Thanks so much! :)

 
At June 26, 2011 at 3:15 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

Oh, I like that idea- a crop top over a dress!  Thanks Penny! :D

 
At June 26, 2011 at 3:16 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

Aww, thank you so much!  Haha, and you don't at all look too old to be showing your belly! :D

 
At June 26, 2011 at 3:17 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

Thank you very much and I will!! =)

 
At June 26, 2011 at 3:24 PM , Anonymous Aquí said...

First I love your dress! The colors all work so great together and it looks almost like a water color painting! The flowers all kind of blend together. Also I adore the black and white top worn by Julie! Fantastic post! Nice to learn more about you!

 
At June 26, 2011 at 5:02 PM , Anonymous PlatinumBatch said...

I'm getting total inspiration from that grey shirt/cool color crazy pattern skirt combo! I also really like your outfit and the great, fearless mix of prints! Lovely, and yes! I live on Oahu, Hawaii! I moved 2 months ago when the guy I'm dating got sent over here for work. I LOVE it. I am on the west side which is known as the "country" part. Lots of dirt roads and tall grass and of course beaches!  Woo! I never want to leave! :)

 
At June 26, 2011 at 8:03 PM , Anonymous Daisy said...

I am hesitant to mix prints, I always think i can't pull it off. you do it beautifully! and I still can't get into the crop top!!

 
At June 26, 2011 at 11:00 PM , Anonymous Dale said...

Ooh great post, I really like your dress and you look pretty. I totally know about flatform shoes too, I was a size 9 in high school when I was like 5ft tall and I've always felt like I had huge feet even when I got taller. I prefer heels :)
Nice post, thanks so much for your comment
xoDale

 
At June 27, 2011 at 12:40 AM , Anonymous Laura said...

haha well i wear 11s. so your feet aren't too bad (: 

 
At June 27, 2011 at 9:07 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

Thank you so much for reading! And her top is actually a dress! Isn't that cool? =)

 
At June 27, 2011 at 9:07 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

Thank you so much! Also, that sounds amazing! I've never been to Hawaii and I would love to visit! =)

 
At June 27, 2011 at 9:08 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

Thank you Daisy! I bet you can pull it off! :)

 
At June 27, 2011 at 9:09 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

Thank you very much Dale! Yes, me too- something to give me a little bit of height :)

 
At June 27, 2011 at 9:10 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

hehe, we are big-footed ladies! :)

 

Post a Comment

★ Thanks for your comment! ★

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

star-crossed smile: FBFF: Since I Started Blogging...

This Page

has been moved to new address

FBFF: Since I Started Blogging...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service