Friday, July 8, 2011

Philly Chilling on the 4th of July

Hey, this is pretty good considering my track record! After a holiday, it usually takes me about a month to get my pictures up, but I'm trying to be on top of my game this time! Check us out- we're chilling in Philly (for some reason I get a kick out of all those l's)! =)


One of my besties and his brother

Sunday brunch- look at that spread!

These girls know how to entertain- cooking and mixing delicious things!







Oh yeahhh, grilled corn!!

This past weekend was pretty awesome. First we went to Jersey because one of my good friends from college was having a graduation party for herself and for her brother, who just graduated from high school. It was like a mini-reunion- most of my closest friends from school were there! Then Saturday night, we all drove down to Philly and spent the rest of the weekend there at a different friend's house. It was all very relaxing- we walked around the city a bit and saw the Liberty Bell, had delicious (and cheap!) food/drinks at Zocalo, and stayed up all night talking :) On the 4th, we had a traditional BBQ at my friend's house with lots of tasty food. After recovering from our food comas, my friends headed to the awesome free concert. I had to miss it because I had to be on a bus back to NYC since I had work the next day. I found out later that John Legend surprise-performed at the concert and I was heartbroken because he is my absolute favorite artist and I would love the chance to see him live-- maybe someday! Regardless, I had an awesome time and I can't wait until we do it again!

I hope you guys have a fantastic weekend! Any special plans?? Also, let me just tell you that if all goes as planned, when you come back to the blog next week things will be very different! I won't say what exactly is happening, but I wouldn't miss it if I were you! ;)

Labels:

19 Comments:

At July 8, 2011 at 12:40 AM , Anonymous hotchild said...

FUN STUFF! I am LOVING the looks of that brunch and grilled corn is my FAVORITE FAVORITE Ever. :) 

I hate you missed John Legend. I love him, too. SUCH a pretty voice. 

 
At July 8, 2011 at 1:08 AM , Anonymous Andrea said...

That brunch looks amazing!

Andrea x

 
At July 8, 2011 at 6:21 AM , Anonymous Fashion Addict said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun over the weekend!
Excited to see what's going to happen to this blog, so I'm definitely coming back to see!

 
At July 8, 2011 at 7:40 AM , Anonymous AmberBlueBird83 said...

sounds like a fun time.  Bummer about missing out on John Legend, that would have been an awesome show to see 

 
At July 8, 2011 at 10:22 AM , Anonymous sartorialsidelines said...

This looks like so much fun! Way better than New Haven's fourth of July fireworks...which were a tad underwhelming.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

 
At July 8, 2011 at 1:34 PM , Anonymous Lyddiegal said...

Awww, sorry you had to miss john legend, those damn pesky jobs.
Sounds like it was a really great weekend all the same!

 
At July 8, 2011 at 1:56 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

The brunch was super tasty and so was the grilled corn! And I agree, I'm in love with him! :D

 
At July 8, 2011 at 1:58 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

Thanks Andrea! :)

 
At July 8, 2011 at 1:59 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

Yay, I'm excited too! :D

 
At July 8, 2011 at 2:00 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

I know, I'll call him the next time though! :)

 
At July 8, 2011 at 2:00 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

Aww, New Haven! I've only been there once for the 4th!

 
At July 8, 2011 at 2:00 PM , Anonymous Nnenna said...

It was indeed! =)

 
At July 8, 2011 at 8:29 PM , Anonymous Megan said...

FUN 4TH :)
xo

xx.M

www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

 
At July 9, 2011 at 1:28 AM , Anonymous Spinning Threads said...

ooohhh, can't wait to see what's up with the blog!  and what a fab 4th weekend!!!  we have no major plans this weekend, so looking forward to relaxing.

Claire

 
At July 9, 2011 at 1:29 AM , Anonymous feveragnes said...

u had such a fun weekend x

great!

Follow me on:Miss Kwong: From Catwalk to Classroom...

 
At July 9, 2011 at 8:30 PM , Anonymous VLM. said...

You sound like you had an absolutely amazing time, the pictures are lovely! I had an amazing weekend too.  xoxo, Veena <3



http://seven-inch-stilettos.blogspot.com

 
At July 11, 2011 at 3:40 PM , Anonymous Laura said...

seeing this again makes me want brunch (even though i already had breakfast and lunch today.. haha)

xoxoxoxoxoxo

 
At July 11, 2011 at 4:51 PM , Anonymous Lauren said...

This looks like a fun time! Totally jealous you went to the Liberty Bell, haha. Philly seems so cool! 

 
At July 11, 2011 at 5:07 PM , Anonymous Krystal/Village said...

it looks like it was a fantastic weekend!

 

Post a Comment

★ Thanks for your comment! ★

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

star-crossed smile: Philly Chilling on the 4th of July

This Page

has been moved to new address

Philly Chilling on the 4th of July

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service