Thursday, October 28, 2010

la petite fille

Putting together this outfit made me feel like a little girl again, playing in my mom's closet, but in the best way possible!  I'd really wanted these little oxford booties, but all the ones I really liked were out of my price range.  Then, I stumbled across these randomly in a Plato's Closet, and they were my size and only $8! I mean, what are the chances?!  I was in a girly girl mood, so I added the knee-high socks and flouncy, colorful skirt for a slightly dressy causal outfit that I wore to a going-away party.

Cardigan, camisole, skirt- Forever 21, socks- Target, oxford booties- Predictions


my attempt at being an innocent little girl, lol


Can I just reiterate how excited I am to wear my Halloween costume?!  Since I wasn't allowed to celebrate Halloween growing up (the first time I was able to dress up was my freshman year in college) I really like to go all out!  Also, for a while I was really unexcited about my costume, which was bumming me out, but once I decided to sew part of the costume myself, I was able to bring my vision to life.  What I especially love about Halloween here at school is that there are several days of parties and activities!  Things kicked off yesterday and will continue up through Sunday.  I'm especially looking forward to Saturday, when most of the parties and "trick-or-treating' ;) happens, and also Sunday, for the annual YSO show that's performed.  So it will be a busy and fun weekend :) What plans do you guys have for Halloween?

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At October 29, 2010 at 4:55 AM , Blogger Selma Janina said...

Love your oxford shoes! Looks cute with the socks!
On Halloween I will be going to a party in the evening, it will happen in church, with family and friends.
Wanna follow each other? xXx bisous!

 
At October 29, 2010 at 8:20 AM , Blogger Flea For Fashion said...

I LOVE THE SOCKS WITH THE SHOES!

http://fleaforfashion.blogspot.com/

 
At October 29, 2010 at 12:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

very beautiful clothes and perfect skirt!!

 
At October 29, 2010 at 12:31 PM , Anonymous Fashion Me Chic said...

I like this outfit but I still don't get the socks with the shoes. I know that it is popular now but I cannot do it. If it works for you then you do you.

Anyways, thnanks for your comment, I will give it a try too. Do not forget to vote for Singersroom.

http://mypretaporterblog.blogspot.com/

 
At October 29, 2010 at 5:17 PM , Blogger Nnenna said...

@Destiny

thank you! that sounds like fun, you'll have to tell me about it after :)

yes, lets! :D

 
At October 29, 2010 at 5:18 PM , Blogger Nnenna said...

@Flea For Fashion

thank you, it was fun trying it out! :)

 
At October 29, 2010 at 5:18 PM , Blogger Nnenna said...

@styleglaree

thanks :)

 
At October 29, 2010 at 5:20 PM , Blogger Nnenna said...

@Fashion Me Chic

thanks! When I saw the look on other people, I really liked it, but I thought it might looks stupid on me. I decided to give it a try anyway, and I really liked it! It's fun to play around, even if it's not something you plan on trying again. Looking forward to seeing your socks and shoes outfit! :)

 
At November 14, 2010 at 9:35 PM , Blogger Naught said...

excuse me...
I've live in the same household and I've been dressing up for YEARS. This year I was a schoolgirl. teje.

 

Post a Comment

★ Thanks for your comment! ★

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

star-crossed smile: la petite fille

This Page

has been moved to new address

la petite fille

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service